Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what will be the scope of Library teams in future ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nav_vlsi

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi pals,
actually i am a fresher currently working in a library team that deals with std cells, Memories & IO's.i would like to know what is the scope of my job in future.i really dont know much info abt this libraries domain & i am really scared how will my job look like 3-5 years from now, i need your suggestons. how should my short & long term goal should look like.
nav

hi nav_vlsi,
I have been where you are. But I exiteed it in 1.5 years. Lib development was my first job, and I got bored with it very soon. Just look at your seniors, what are they doing, do you fancy doing that? If you are a technical person, would like to go up the technical ladder, I wont suggest lib development as one of the best things. On the other hand if you want to go up the management ladder, well you may want to stay where you are.
My seniors, they looked like doing exactly what I was doing, with a bit of supervising ppl like me. I didn't fancy doing that, and I didnt fancy being limited to 'cells' for my life, so I exited.
But One good thing is, I understand libs more than normaly FE ppl do, and that is a real plus.
I guess by the sound of yours that you are working at ST or TI?
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

Hi nav_vlsi,

Library development is all about circuit designing skills and is a vast field in itself. think it from this point of view, in this domain, you are actually doing something(designing some cells). I suggest you to keep yourself focussed in library circuits designing and gradually shift to memory deisgning. Stay where you are, as a fresher this is the best field for you. Think of changing only after a few years.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back