Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what will be current requirement for a ferrite bead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyushbhatt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure ferrite bead

what will be current requirement for a ferrite bead?

how current rating ferrite

look at a datasheet on ferrite beads it will provide all info.

For example

Code:
http://www.tdk.co.jp/tefe02/e9413_mpz1608.pdf

Shows graphs for Z,R and X versus frequency.They also show a graph of maximum permissible current versus temperature. This is a common datasheet.

Use parametric search on digikey etc. and you can filter the results down to the required current,from there select the most suitable bead.

ferrite bead saturation current

i know we can find current requirement from datasheet,but i want what current ratting ferrite bead i have to use in my design?

ferrite bead maximum current

piyushbhatt said:
i know we can find current requirement from datasheet,but i want what current ratting ferrite bead i have to use in my design?

Huh?

Don't you know how much current you are going to pass through the bead? If you don't then it might be a good idea to measure it using an appropriate instrument (meter,probe or hall sensor). Then obviously select a bead that surpasses the worst case current you will be passing through it with a comfortable margin.

For example say your load draws 1 amp pulses, beads are cheap so I would get a bead rated for 1.25 or 1.5A. This will insure the bead does its job (not saturate) ,that being attenuate unwanted harmonics.[/quote]

Hello,

you mentioned possible saturation, I think that's important cause manufacturer sometimes forget to show current dependency in their datasheets, I guess they sometimes even forget to measure it. If maximum current is only defined thermally, Z could have dwindled to 10 or 20 % of nominal value.

Regards,
Frank

Hi,

The current rating of the ferrite bead is depending on your circuit power consumption. Some circuits takes upto 7 apms with 5 volts. Now you choose.

If you need more information, contact me.

Regards,
N.Muralidhara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back