Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What voltage should we see on Buck controller pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TPS57040 (buck controller) ….just soldered 10 of them to the board and none working. Suspect my solder technique, or dodgy chips. [Have done 10MSOPs before (months/years ago) though with success] Now going to just solder the lower divider resistor and the clock pin resistor and comp pin res and cap and SS cap, so don’t have to solder the entire buck converter to find out if I soldered the controller on well.

On the failed soldered units, got Soft start voltages of between 1v and 6v, and RT pin voltages of 200mv to 2v, comp pin voltage 200mv

Do you know what voltage we should see on these pins if we just solder the aforementioned components?

Also, the TPS57040Q i have here is package marked "5704Q"...and the datasheet doesnt say what the package marking should be.......do you know?........maybe i have the wrong chip here?

TPS57040

Last edited:

Also RT pin voltage is specified in the datasheet with about 0.5 V. Seeing 2 V suggests either incomplete ground connection or defective device.

Voltage readings may not be reliable if the device is not fully/ properly connected. If it is not properly connected, the voltage readings may not be indicative of any possible chip defect of malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.