Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what type of PIC microcontroller can be use with GSM module

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangkanglei

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to know what type of PIC mcu is best suited in handling sms..sending and receiving messages. also, can give signal in turning on and off of the wireless camera as well as the alarm and LED indicator.

help pls.. thanks so much.. we need it in out prototype.. Godbless..!!

The I/O requirements to talk to a GSM module are a serial port and 2 to 4 I/O lines depending on your handshake requirements. There's not a lot of code required to send an receive SMS messages, so unless other parts of your application require a lot of memory a device with as little as 16K of program memory should suffice.

Of course you need to consider other things such as your package requirements, speed, power consumption, supply voltage, etc. You can use Microchips' on-line parts selector 'MAPS' to narrow down your selection based on your requirments - https://www.microchip.com/maps/main.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back