Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What tool supports VHDL-AMS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ree

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i'd like to know what's the tool that can support VHDL-AMS?
and from where i can get it?

thanks in advance

VHDL-AMS tool

SMASH, Dolphine System

VHDL-AMS tool

i am using Mentor Flow using Design architect for test bench and ADMS as the simulator

VHDL-AMS tool

also cadence AMS environment support VHDL AMS

khouly

Re: VHDL-AMS tool

khouly said:
also cadence AMS environment support VHDL AMS

khouly

can u tell me please is it under windows or linux? aslo how can i get it?

thanks a lot

VHDL-AMS tool

it is under linux or unix , no windows version for AMS of cadence

khouly

i downloaded the Hamster sowftware from the net but can u please send me any notes about how to use it?where to write the code and how to simulate it?

thanks in advance

Johnson said:
SMASH, Dolphine System

i've installed Dolphine tool and i wrote a code in the VHDL-AMS wizard but i don't knpw how to simulate it , can you help me please?

VHDL-AMS tool

use system vision from mentor graphics. it is free for students.

suru said:
use system vision from mentor graphics. it is free for students.

i downloaded it but how i can use it?

to all of you who are trying to use smash - it is a hands-on tool. please go to open circuit ->smash_dir/examples/vhdl-ams (or whatever you want) and open an nsx file (this is the top netlist). now there appear two windows (nsx on the left and pattern file (for simulator directives on the right)). the directives may be entered through the SMASH gui, but there's no dolphin schematic entry available yet - but it will come this year with a smash netlister.
the main difference between smash and other tools from bigger vendors is that you usually don't see the netlist. smash has its strengths really in ms-simulation and also analog, but is not very useful in digital simulations.

but apart from that: RTFM - it is all in there....

safwatonline said:
i am using Mentor Flow using Design architect for test bench and ADMS as the simulator

can you give me more details?

VHDL-AMS tool

Try Riviera

safwatonline said:

please help me how you use this 2 tools togther ? can u please give me more details?

Added after 1 minutes:

safwatonline said:

please if u have manual for these tools please?

VHDL-AMS tool

could u plz upload the processs of simulating vhdl-ams code on smash. i could not understand *.pat file. where vhdl code should be written and testbench.

VHDL-AMS tool

Is there any material on this issue ?
Please share.

how can i get smash software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back