Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What tool are you using to insert jtag circuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
synospsys' BSD compile and the Mentor's BSDArchitect are the same stronng tools

mentor's bsdarchitect

mentors bsdarchitect is better one. u can have your own instructions and decoders is generated by tool. before doing JATG insertion, u must know what are all the instructions u r going to use and what is their decoding structure.

BSD compiler which is integrated in DC.

bendrift said:
bsd compiler!

bsd compiler is bad when inserting some user defined instructions.Much manual work is needed.

Anyone agree with me?

Added after 5 minutes:

silencer3 said:
mentors bsdarchitect is better one. u can have your own instructions and decoders is generated by tool. before doing JATG insertion, u must know what are all the instructions u r going to use and what is their decoding structure.

bsdarchitect is ok when handle user-defined instructions.

But it is very buggy, you can have it read the bsdl file generated by bsd compiler,
it issues an error message and fails. But I find the bsdl comply with 1149, no error
at all.

Anyone agree with me??

Added after 3 minutes:

Anyone could show me an alternative, other than these two??

This is old but, I thought I could help. These are the commands for adding user defined instructions in Synopsys. Simply specifying the register and the instruction definition will connect basics up for you.

set_bsd_configuration -ir_width 4
set_bsd_register INTERNAL -access { tdi, TEST_SI, shift_enable, TEST_SE, tdo, TEST_SO, capture_clk, TCLOCK } -cell U13

set_bsd_instruction { CLAMP }
set_bsd_instruction ITEST -code { 0011 } -input_clock_condition PI -register BOUNDARY -output_condition BSR
set_bsd_instruction ISCAN -code { 1010 } -input_clock_condition PI -register INTERNAL -output_condition BSR
set_bsd_instruction ATE -code { 1011 } -input_clock_condition PI -register INTERNAL -output_condition NONE

Last edited by a moderator:

I use dc 2009.06. Command set_bsd_register was excluded from BSD Compiler. What commands I can use for implementation access to core registers?

Use set_bsd_instruction -register.
Here the example from DC-2010.03-SP4.

Before implementing a user-defined instruction, you must define the test data register
(UTDR) to which it is to be associated using the set_dft_signal and set_scan_path
commands, as follows:

set_dft_signal -view spec -type tdi -hookup_pin BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_in
set_dft_signal -view spec -type tdo -hookup_pin BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_out
set_dft_signal -view spec -type bsd_shift_en -hookup_pin BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_en
set_dft_signal -view spec -type capture_clk -hookup_pin BIST/WRAPPER_0/clk
set_dft_signal -view spec -type bsd_reset -hookup_pin BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_reset -active 0
set_scan_path DEBUG_reg -class bsd -view spec -hookup { BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_in BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_out BIST/WRAPPER_0/debug_en BIST/WRAPPER_0/clk} -exact_length 10

set_bsd_instruction DEBUG -code 1010 -register DEBUG_reg -input_clock_condition TCK -output_condition BSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back