Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to use for the radio link over a distance of >2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johansen

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A friend sent this to me, I really have only a basic understanding of microcontrollers, and I take it that with the knowledge base around him, that would be the easy part, that is, interfacing this chip to the uC.

My question is, does anyone have any good idea on what to use for the radio link over a distance of >2 miles?

"I've got a little project I'm working on for school.... I've got to make a spectrometer to launch on a weather balloon... my current plan to use a prism to shine light at this chip: **broken link removed**
I was wondering if you might have any insights into how I might pull this off... I need to design a circuit that will trigger this chip once a minute or so, and than another that will turn the output into a waveform that I can transmit back to the ground"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back