Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to use for attaching a chip to cupper PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STOIKOV

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Attach die to pcb

hello all, what I can use to adhere a chip without its package (just the die) to a normal cupper PCB ?? The material should be conductive or must have other properties to avoid ESD ?

Re: Attach die to pcb

STOIKOV said:
hello all, what I can use to adhere a chip without its package (just the die) to a normal cupper PCB ?? The material should be conductive or must have other properties to avoid ESD ?

Silver filled epoxy is what I called for on a sensor board I did a few years ago.
The die mounted to a die mounting pad on the board that had ground potential, so the adhesive needed to be conductive.

The die mounting pad area was gold plated over nickel plating, not just bare copper.

Your best bet would be to contact whoever will be doing the actual assembly and wire bonding of the die for their recommendation.

STOIKOV

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hello touringmike, do you have the part number or the web where I can get silver epoxic like you used before ? Could it be used to atach die with normal pcb cupper ?

I'm sorry I cannot understand your last paragraph, could you please explain it ?

"Your best bet would be to contact whoever will be doing the actual assembly and wire bonding of the die for their recommendation. "

regards !!

STOIKOV said:
hello touringmike, do you have the part number or the web where I can get silver epoxic like you used before ? Could it be used to atach die with normal pcb cupper ?

I'm sorry I cannot understand your last paragraph, could you please explain it ?

"Your best bet would be to contact whoever will be doing the actual assembly and wire bonding of the die for their recommendation. "

regards !!

Here's one of many manufacturers. You can do an Internet search for "Silver Epoxy" and find as many as you like.
https://www.mgchemicals.com/products/8331.html
Cerac is also another maker of this stuff.

As for my last statement, what I meant to say is if you are having someone glue the die to the board for you, ask them what they use for attaching the die.
I had a contract manufacturer attach the sensor die to the board I designed.
They also did the wire bonding using gold wire from the die pads to the board pads.

If you are going to attach the die to the board, disregard that statement.

STOIKOV

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks for the information. Have you seen before what I'm trying to do, atach the die to a PCB and doing bondwiring to PCB pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back