Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what to tweak for getting required VCM? in LVDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar123

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Experts,

Can any body give me an idea on how to derive a required VCM(common mode Voltage) , i am just desining based on "Andrea Boni" IEEE paper method where in i just used 6 transistors 1NMOS for tail current source and 1 PMOS on top as a current source , middle 4 NMOS as a current switches

now i am able to see a swing(p-p) of 400mV but not on VCM of 1.2 which i wanted it to be ,i.e now the deisgn shwos VOUT = 0.7V and VOUTN = 0.3V but i wanted it to be VOUT= 1.4 and VOUTN=1.0 meaning i wanted to boost VCM from 0.5 to 1.2V but did not understand on which parameter to tweak ?

i have used RA and RB of 100k with 1.2V constant source and terminated OUT and OUTN with 100Ohms and doing the simulations(but i don't understand why should i use 1.2 V using higher resistive network )
without this as well i am not seeing any significant difference exept 1uV in swing

Thanks & Regards
Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.