Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to learn for embedded programming PICbasic or PIC C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaSilva

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About basic?

Can anyone shed me some light..should one who is new to embedded programming go with PICbasic or PIC C?..I know little basic, but no knowledge of C.. Is C compiler much much better than basic.?.and is it worth the learning curve one has to take to learn C to do a PIC program.
and most important what are the main advantage of C over basic....

Thanks in advance

Re: About basic?

if you know basic and you feel comfortable with it then go for a Basic compiler for PIC. ive said it a hundered times and ill say it again, if you feel comfortable with a language then stick to it. every language can perform any given task one way or the other way. there is no such thing as "the best language"

technology is only good if it solves your particular problem. and basic is good technology!

go to **broken link removed**

have a look at the things that you can do with a typical basic compiler

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

About basic?

C is quite an easy language to learn, there are only 26 keywords. Easier than basic, which is just that, Basic! C is the standard language of embedded programing, if you want a future in micros, learn C.
You will never look back. They are worlds apart, C is both a high level language and a low level language,
it has power, beauty and elegance. A good working C program reads like poetry! The whole of the Unix operating system is written in C, Linux is written in C, 99.9% of M$ Windows is written in C. Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie are Gods!

XNOX_Rambo said:
The truth about C: h**p://www.asandler.com/jokes/computer/c.shtml

lolz!!!!

anyway plz dont turn this post into a C Vs Basic war. the person who asked the question says that he has worked with Basic so thats why i told him to continue with Basic. but i personally like to work with C because thats what i started with and i feel comfortable with it. Basic and Pascal compilers for PICs are getting feature rich each day so if a Basic compiler can fullfill your requirements then there is no need to learn a new language.

DaSilva

i have some suggestion if you are going to study on basic compiler i suggest you go to for picbasic/pro compiler from microengineering labs. i am not suggest to get the compiler from mikroelectronika, first as a beginner you want more resouces from the net right? comparing mikrobasic and picbasic.

picbasic already existence for sometime you can find many resources project. there are dozen of books dedicated to picbasic while mikrobasic so far i can't find any body wrote about its. except the creator of mikrobasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back