Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to do when an hfss simulation does not converge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbangskh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends
What to do when an hfss simulation does not converge?
Is that related to solution setup,I mean number of passes or anything else?
I simulated the attached cavity but it does not converge!
What should I do?

Attachments

• cavity.rar
    4.6 KB · Views: 58

Hello

If your solution setup doesnt converge then it means that you might have to go up with the number of passes.considering that you have defined your materials properly and all the boundaries have been assigned optimally .

the cavity you have attached doesn't have a excitation,what were you trying to do, there are no boundaries , no excitation(s) etc.

after you define your structure properly run a validation check and it will show you the missing pieces in your design ,then when you run the simulation if the solution setup doesnt converge go up with the number of passes.

Hope that helps

Cheers
ChachitoEL

Hello
I know what you say.You are right.
But I don't know how to assign excitation and boundary for the cavity.
Could you please tell me that where should I put the excitation?

Thanks in advance

i am not sure what kind of cavity is this.so i cant tell you for sure what you are trying to simulate unless you have a paper that you are designing this from.

Regards
ChachitoEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back