Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to choose for DSP design? Xilinx or Altera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Xilinx or Altera

Currently both companies have outstanding devices and development tools, I think there's no sense in spending time evaluating which one is better, due to the differences are not really significant.
Frankly, I'd just use a penny to make the decision between Altera and Xilinx if I haven't spent thousands of bucks in a Quartus System. That's simply what makes me biased to Altera.

Xilinx or @ltera

Try one of them, if you don't like it take other :)

Two of them are really same thing

Xilinx or @ltera

altera is ok

I have used the DSP blocks in altera's FPGA. It is easy to design and can run to a high frequency.

Everything I think depends on the software you have in your hands. Xilinx has better simulation tools to check your dessign and also better documentation in ISE Foundation Series software than Altera.I found it useful trying to simulate a DCT module for JPEG comression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back