Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the load should be when simulate an OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangjavier

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A resistor, or a capacitor??

What the load should be when simulate an OP? And what the value of the load should be ??

The load of an OP include resistor and capacitor or either of them according to the feedback network and the loads the OP must drive.

I am now just simulate a OP and I don't know exactly what the load is the OP must drive. So to estimate the performance of the OP what load should be proper for me?

Hallo...

1)A large resistor(1M ohm) will be suficient, so that u can be sure no current flows from OUTPUT stage .

2)Value of Load capacitence depends on ur next stage. Load capacitence is nothing but the gate capacitence of the next stage.

If u want to design an OPAMP and if u don't know the spec of the next stage ..Be in safe side and take 2pf as load capacitence.

Ciao

Since you have no idea exactly what the load is, it is better for u to simulate with resisitor and cap both. To sweep the range of load resistor and cap will make you clear about the driver strength of the opamp

The load is resistor or capacitor, it depends on the output definition of your OP. If the configuration of your OP contains follower output stage, the resistor load is sufficient. But if your OP doesn't have follower output stage, u had better connect a capacitor load to the out of OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.