Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What switch uses the least power when open

Status
Not open for further replies.

marleydc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what switch

Hi,

What sort of switch/relay uses the least power when it is not in the closed state?

I am creating a low power device (4V) and I want to switch devices on and off with it but, when the devices are switched off, I dont want to drain power from the battery.

I can use transistors as switches but I understand that there will be a contant current consumed by the quiscent current of the transistor even when it is off?

Are transistors the best option in this case? Or is there another cheap device that will not consume ANY current when it is not closed. Reed relay?

what uses the least amount of power

Please check if ULN2003 or ULN 28003 surves your purpose. these are darlington pairs in pack of 7 and 8 connections respectively. The consumption is reasonably low, se if suits your application. Data sheets are available on net.
Raoof Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back