Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What switch do I use to for an AC powered fluorescent light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironliver316

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know this is a simple question, but I've searched and cannot find any similar posts, and I don't know any other way to word it. I'm building a snake cage and I bought this little fluorescent light https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00064228 but the problem is, the switch is on the light and the light will be mounted inside the cage and it would be a pain to open the cage everytime I want to turn the light on because I have a keylock on the door. So I'm planning on splicing the power cord and putting a switch on the outside of the cage, so I need to know what the current specs for the switch would have to be for something like that. I need to be 100% sure, I don't wanna start a fire or get shocked or anything like that. Also, would it matter which side of the cord I put the switch on? Hot or neutral? If it helps, the label says 120 V ac 0.13 A 60 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.