Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what software should I use for PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What package were you using before? I'm going to do my first embedded passives design and I need some pointers. I'm using Pads right now.

Thanks a lot!!!

What package were you using before? I'm going to do my first embedded passives design and I need some pointers. I'm using Pads right now.

Thanks a lot!!!

Ive used tango and pads. I was referring to embedded control designs.

So you are talking about embedded passives? I'm asking this because I'm designing my first board with embedded resistors. Is Proteus good for that?

Re: PCB software

Altium Designer is the best, mid price range, they now asking 4000 Euro but comprehensive package including svn. It depends how complex the board you wish to design. Altium is very good for complex circuit/layout. Tech support is very good.

I would look round the various packages, sort out how much you wanna pay, and pick what you think is best. Because all us users are going to support the program we know best.
Also get a demo, and ask them to do somthing live, instead of the usual pre-prepared demo designs. ALL auto routing demos I have seen route perfectly!!! but never resemble a real life design. The software I use , I have used for 25 years so for me it is the best, it may not be for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back