Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what should be the value of theta and phi for plotting the gain v/s frequency in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishal_sonam

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
i have designed and simulated my work in hfss and i can check the s(1,1) parameters, vswr but i m not able to to check the gain v/s frequency.
i know the procedure how to check but i m not able to set the right value of theta and phi because i dont know what value should i set for theta and phi.
once i get the theta and phi i can easily check my gain.
so please somebody help me.
regards

Vishal

There is no such fixed value that can be taken, Because with change in frequency the pattern on most antenna changes so does the max gain with direction with changing frequnecy. so my advice would be do it two ways
1. gain in the intended direction, for instance you want to your beam to face a certain direction with your max gain at theta=0, phi=0 direction(example only) then plot your gain values for these values
2. plot the radiation patterns first and check deviance from the max gain with changing frequency and direction and plot those values.

Hope that helps
Regards
Elchiquito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back