Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What PIC to use for USB interface with PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB interface with PC

Wat PIC can I use for building an USB interface device that is connected to the PC. This device basically just send a signal to the PC when there is input. Besides, I'll need to use a LCD with this device to show information.

Re: USB interface with PC

You can use the 16C745/765 devices though they are only low-speed....but okay for your application...done a test application for OSX once with the sample code from their website...

And remember...the USB device never informs the PC about data!!!
The PC always asks the USB device if it has something to send (o;

And DO NOT POST same questions in different topics...or similar question like your coin-detector...

davorin said:
You can use the 16C745/765 devices though they are only low-speed....but okay for your application...done a test application for OSX once with the sample code from their website...

And remember...the USB device never informs the PC about data!!!
The PC always asks the USB device if it has something to send (o;

And DO NOT POST same questions in different topics...or similar question like your coin-detector...
Hi, thanks for ur reply. I'm sorry abt posting the same thing in different topics because I dont know where it should goes to actually.
BTW, may I know do I hv to write the device driver by myself? Is it very hard? Someone told me that it takes long time and it's nightmare to a newbie. So I only has some experience with the parallel port and it seems that I cant do the USB like parallel port by just using the .dll library file. Is that true?

look here h..p://www.codemercs.com -> io-warrior

You can use a 90S2313 for emulate a usb port.
The ci cost 10 Euro.
Take the url : http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)_eng.htm

here is the nice artical may help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back