Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What photo-diode can be used for detecting IR and converting it into voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyraper

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on IR of wavelength 980nm ,i have S1223 photodiode , will it detect the ir beam reflected back from window?

i have checked its data sheet and its photo-sensitivity (S) is upto 830nm ,so what do you suggest further.
where as i am using an IR of wavelength 980nm

are u use this carves to know? Capture.PNG

no i was looking at the data sheet of s1223. so there i found tht its peak sensitivity wavelength is upto 960nm.

no i was looking at the data sheet of s1223. so there i found tht its peak sensitivity wavelength is upto 960nm.
Yes, mohamed.hagag was quoting this datasheet, too. Apparently he thinks (as me) that the photo diode is perfectly suited for your application. Almost any available silicon photo diode has a sensitivity maximum around 950 µm. What's your conclusion from the datsheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back