Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what parts should i buy to keep on stock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megadanny1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what parts should i buy

hi
i know this is the stupidest question ever asked
but I'm putting in an order to a electronics company
I'm only a beginner and i don't know what parts i should buy for the future
mosfets thermistor's micro controllers etc
thanks dan

Re: what parts should i buy

megadanny1 said:
hi
i know this is the stupidest question ever asked
but I'm putting in an order to a electronics company
I'm only a beginner and i don't know what parts i should buy for the future
mosfets thermistor's micro controllers etc
thanks dan

I don't understand the question! Don't buy for the future - just buy what you need for now. If you are after a 'stock' of useful components for experimentation, just buy a bit extra of what you need each time. Other than that, a general stock of resistors and capacitors is always handy.

Keith.

what parts should i buy

Hi,
I wolud buy some sortiments, they are usual very practical and relative cheap.
You must decide, will you work with THT or SMD & what kind of power /voltage ratings?
Passves as sortiment to buy isnt a problem, at semiconductors is more complex.
I think the good way can be to buy som typical components as OpAmps/FETs & Transistors, adjustable regulators for "labor stock" and rest for concrete needs...
Dont forget some experiment boards, test instruments & pwr supplys + osciloscope-generator ecc.
K.

Just buy assortments of passive components (resistors, capacitors etc.) and maybe some voltage regulators. Wait before buying for the future. After doing a few circuits, you'll know better what kind of components you'll need frequently and therefore may start buying active components for the future.

karesz said:
Hi,
I wolud buy some sortiments, they are usual very practical and relative cheap.
You must decide, will you work with THT or SMD & what kind of power /voltage ratings?
Passves as sortiment to buy isnt a problem, at semiconductors is more complex.
I think the good way can be to buy som typical components as OpAmps/FETs & Transistors, adjustable regulators for "labor stock" and rest for concrete needs...
Dont forget some experiment boards, test instruments & pwr supplys + osciloscope-generator ecc.
K.

hi

i might work with smt and tht
THT is good for prototyping while SMD is good for the finished product
(nice and small circuits with high parts density)
i am bit limited on what i can spend lol (im only 14 ;)
passives arnt a problem there either dirt cheap or scavenged from trash
i need a decent variable PWR supply though and a breadboard lol
thanks
dan

what parts should i buy

Hi Dani,
your welcome on board:)...
I think its relevant a so good as possible Pwr supply to have_you can find i.e. over eBay too relative good ones and not so expensive.
I wuold say search for a 3x (i.e.: a older one_Philips PE1542 Laborsupply 2x 0-32V, 1,4A and 5V /3A) or 4x (**broken link removed**)version, than you has it for long time... Only to give 2 possible versions, than its me full clear, that it exist lot of other possibility_maybe better too!:)
Good luck!
K.

Hi.
My recomendation is: bying books about electronics devices (for example: Horowitz-Hill. The Art of Electronics) that is your start in world of electronics devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back