Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What library characterization tool do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirix

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Library characterization

What charaterization tool do you recomand?
Star-MTB looks old and with lack of documentation.
Circuit-semantics maybe?

Re: Library characterization

I also want to ask a simple question:Can anybody tell me what is library characterization?

In a few words, characterization of a library of asic cells is the process of building timing/power informations in a standard format (lib, tlf, verilog) starting from spice netlist.

But,doesn't the foundry provide these informations such as timing/power? I know the .lib contains the power and delay for standard cells.

Yes, but what if you are "the foundry"? You have to use some tool for build these libraries.

Oh,I see. Can you use HSPICE to do library characterization?

HSpice and SmartSpice are some of the spice tools that contain useful commands for characterization. There are also tools that automate the entire characterization process.

Can anybody share documentation or book about Library characterization?
Or can anybody share your in-house's Library characterization program?

Library characterization

DynaCell is a characterize tool of Circuit Semantics(CSI), you may use it to do library characterization. Hspice can do this job as well, but you should write a good script to simplify ur manully work. perl script is a solution, as well as Tcl.

a vendor used to say to me, some characterization tool is only a huge script. :p

Maybe you can check Zenasis's ZenCell:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back