Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What knowledge set must one have to do Windows driver development e.g for USB, PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am sure this will prove an important question for many in the human society, I have pondered over it as well and am posting here as I expect that someone with experience with this will respond.

What are the things that a person must know in order to carry out driver development e.g USB, PCIe, Paralle Port, Serial Port, PS/2. Lets make the question more specific, what does one need to know in order to develop drivers for PCIe device apart from knowing the PCIe protocol.

I have read that one would need to know "Windows Internals (memory management, I/O manager, PnP Manager, interrupt handling, DMA)". It would be helpful if I can find some document that elaborates on this statement and explains in detail.

Of course anyone taking such a task would already know programming languages, C/C++ in my case for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back