Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What kind ot SMA connector should i choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrystalline

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I'm designing a phase shifter on RO4003. its Thickness is 20mil=0.508mm and i must Place this phase shifter in metallic box.
What kind of Connector is better suited for this?
by the way frequency is about 8 GHZ and board size is 40mm*40mm
any comment is welcomed
Thanks

SMAs are fine up to 12 GHz or higher. Other factors might be size, environment, etc. you have a lot of connectors to choose from

Thanks for your comments.
There are so many SMA connector. in fact i need sme kinfd of practical advise and specific kind of sma. like end launch or simple straight?
thanks

Thanks for your comments.
There are so many SMA connector. in fact i need sme kinfd of practical advise and specific kind of sma. like end launch or simple straight?
thanks

it really depends on your requirements. There's no way anybody here can tell YOU what YOU need. I don't understand your confusion. If you can use a vertical, through-hole part, then use it.

it really depends on your requirements. There's no way anybody here can tell YOU what YOU need. I don't understand your confusion. If you can use a vertical, through-hole part, then use it.
Your Right Barry. It returns to my limitations. I'm not familiar with specific functionality of every kind of SMA connector. for example whats the deference's between bulkhead and straight Types?
I should place my design in Metallic House so it seems i can't use R/A or End launch?. so I think my only choices are straight and bulkhead!
sorry if my questions are so cheap. by the way Thanks

If think about transmission line discontinuities, you'll notice that edge mount SMA (end launch) is preferable.

If think about transmission line discontinuities, you'll notice that edge mount SMA (end launch) is preferable.

In fact your right. but when there is Metalic Housing it cause some problems.
it seems Panel ones are better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back