Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of supply noise should be applied on PLL supply for phase noise measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainiparvesh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
If the bandwidth of PLL is e.g. 1MHz then what kind of noise should be applied in its spice simulations to measure the supply noise impact on PLL phase noise performance?

To quote the jitter of PLL, what kind of noise I should apply in simulations. e.g. If the bandwidth of PLL is 1MHz, should I apply noise like 100mv pk-pk sinewave of frequencu 100kHz or 1MHz or 10MHz or I should quote PLL phase noise number on these various frequencies. In general noise whatever comes to the PLL is not known, so my question is what kind of noise people apply to quote the jitter number, Is there any rule of thumb, which says If PLL BW and o/p frequency is given then this much type of noise should be injected on PLL supply to get the realistic phase jitter numbers in spice simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.