Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of sensor would be the best for measuring distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peder

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What kind of sensor would be best to use to measure distance? It would not have to measure more than 5m but must have a tolorance of 2mm.

Re: Distance measurement

The best solution is Ultrasonic Sensors (Peizo-electric type) working at 40 kHz..

My graduation project in BSEE was in that topic.

They can provide high range of detection with high accuracy with careful design.

Go for it...

Or u can use IR sensors, which I doubt they can detect up to 5 meters (10 meter flight in Echo ranging)

Your call...

Good Luck

Peder

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Distance measurement

@Kryptonite

Can you please send the project report

vsmGuy said:
@Kryptonite

Can you please send the project report

I will post it in a separate post on EDAboard (G.o.d.-willing)... just give me a couple of days...

I will post the link here, so keep watching this topic :)

Regards

Distance measurement

Of all that you do: don't forget to POST it :)

Thanks !

Distance measurement

2 mm accuracy (assume the tolerance is accuracy) using if i am not wrong, open type sensor dollar cost sensor ? What the obstacle the distance is measured ? SPL generated by transmitter ? receiver sensitivity ? what the signal processing part of the unit is based on ?

Distance measurement

@Kryptonite : Have you forgotten something ?

:)

Am terribly sorry! Just got relocated to another country recently looking for a new job... no luck yet!

here's the link to the post where i uploaded the final report & presentation slides.

hope it helps!

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back