Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of knowledge i should have for SMPS design

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having basis electronic knowledge & i can understand what happening inside of a SMPS, but still i can't start my first own SMPS design. I fear to start my design, its because of the risk of high voltage. Please provide some ideas for beginners...
Where i can start for learning, from transformer or electronics circuit? I believe electronics circuit is not a big issue where we can get sample circuit, forum help, datasheet, application diagram, etc., (or it may be my thought, because i can understand electronics more easier then magnetic circuit). How do i gain knowledge in SMPS transformer design? Lot of application notes & study materials are available in internet which is not possible to study everything.
Which one is a best (way or) study material for a beginner to start SMPS design, because I'm really in need of own SMPS design...

Udhay:roll:

Books and diagrams are fine...

But an animated video is extremely helpful for gaining insight.

I have a Youtube video which shows basic principles of buck/ boost/ buckboost converters. It depicts current moving through wires, flux fields building and collapsing, capacitors charging and discharging.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_sLF5Etm4

Also see the thread:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/268178/

My posts contain links which open my animated interactive simulations of switched-coil converters. (Drawn in Falstad's animated simulator.)

You press a switch to close it, sending current through the coil (the first half of the cycle).

You let up the switch to open it (the second half of the cycle).

Status
Not open for further replies.