Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of input signal can be used for LM2907?

Status
Not open for further replies.

--jason--

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have download and read the data sheet for the LM2907, but it didnt clearly state that what kind of input signal that can be convert to voltage signal.
i have a motor with an encoder that will give a pulse signal every revolution (pulse per rev) so can i use LM2907 to convert it to an analog signal?

may i know normally what we should do 1st to test and design a connect between several ic? i am now doing a project to develop a speed control of a dc motor with inner current loop control, and since this is my 1st project so can i get some idea.
for this project i am using LDM18200, SG3525, DC motor with encoder that produce pulse per rev and LM2907. i have all this components so what should i do next? Are all the components correct for this project?
thanks..!

como funciona un lm2907 para motor dc

I would use a microcontroller such as PICAXE that can directly take signal from tacho and convert it (BASIC application) to PWM, and if you need to change something it is only a change in software ..

I’m afraid that F/V conversion with the LM2907 and then V/PWM conversion with SG3525 may make the system unstable, as these IC were not specially designed for motor control systems ..

Rgds,
IanP

picaxe tacho

but my motor already build in with the pulse per rev encoder, so basically what kind of input signal for the LM2907? And also what kind of output signal of LM2907?
If i am using the PICAXE, can i direct connect to the encoder from the motor?

lm2907 close loop motor

--jason-- said:
If i am using the PICAXE, can i direct connect to the encoder from the motor?
That's the aim ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back