Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what kind of CAD sw do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOEL_HWANG

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!!
Today signed up here.
I use ORCAD and PADS and start to learn Expedtion pcb recently.
I wonder what kind of cad mostly used.
Could you leave you comment?
Have a nice day.
Joel

hi every one

any body now how to length matching is matched in perticular net ??

Length matching can be done by defining a pair of traces as differential in Orcad capture (version 16.x). This will automatically create a net class as differential and add these traces to that net class. And length matching will be taken care by the Tool (Allegro/Pads etc). Alternately you can create a differential net class in layout tool also.

Hope that helps

Hi ,

I use Allegro & Altium

Hi karthiksmartone,

The data group operates at twice the clock speed and its signal integrity is of higher concern. In addition, the data group constitutes the largest
portion of the memory bus and consists of the majority of the trace matching requirements, those of the data lanes.
The address/command, control, and the data groups all have a relationship to the routed clock. Therefore, clock is taken as a reference for length matching ddr signals.

Hi ,

DDR placement generally depends on the DDR device we use. It is mainly based on the timing requirement.
Mostly we used to place them in a manner that we get those routes as close as possible.

SHABU

Status
Not open for further replies.