Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of bugs has synopsys dc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRiSP

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
synopsys dc bug

it is said that synopsys dc has many bug.
who can point?

Sometimes Synopsys DC has some bugs, but it is confidential.

The better thing is that it would have new version to fix the bugs.

Several months, I guess ...

the synopsys 2002.05 sp2 has a bug....
we return back to use 2001sp2 version to guarantee it... :(

hi, chsw
I think you can use the early version for your project and wait for vendor providing their sp for it. you will be welcome if you can list some bug during the using of this new version DC.

the initial release have most bugs, so synopsys have to release some service pack release -SP1, -SP2, or more. so try to install the latest service pack release rather than latest initial release, for example, if ver 2001.08-SP2-2 released, at the same time, ver 2002.05 also released, use the 2001.08-SP2-2 release, it's more stable.
BTW, synopsys synthesis tools is realy buggy proggie, but nobody complains it, because it's the only choice.

I don't think DC is the only choice, but it is the most well know synthesizer for ASIC design, just like the Synplify to FPGA design.

How about the performance of similar product from other competitors?

For example the Buildgate from Cadence..

Maybe we may start a thread to compare the price performance of ASIC synthesizers.. if somebody would interest.

ntxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back