Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of battery i can use for this purpose????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qube

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want 12-18V DC battery which will be used to run 4*12v servos....
The 4 servos will be used in building a Quadcopter...
Image for reference:-
33_1302945079.jpg

So the battery pack will be mounted on the Quadcopter...
But the battery weight should be as much as less,so that the battery wont increase the overall weight of the Quadcopter...
It needs to provide power to those 4*12VDC motor for atleast minimum 30 mins
to maximum 1 hour...
Which kind of battery is suitable for this kind of application....??

Thank u in advance

Last edited:

A quadcopter does not use mechanical servos. Instead it uses 4 electronic speed controllers (ESC) and 3 gyroscope ICs.
The one you posted uses a small lightweight Li-Po battery that is 7.2V or 10.8V/2200mAh, not 12V and flies the quadcopter for 10 minutes to 15 minutes, not 1 hour.
Here is a review of the kit: Gaui 330X S Quadcopter Review - RC Groups

Somebody makes another quadcopter that has a video camera in it. I couldn't find it today.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Looking at RC Groups index there are hundreds of quadcopters available. Here is another good one:
Horizon Hobby: AR.Drone Quadricopter, Orange & Blue by PARROT, INC (PTAPF720002)
Horizon Hobby: Article: Parrot AR. Drone Review: John Redman (Parrot)

A quadcopter does not use mechanical servos. Instead it uses 4 electronic speed controllers (ESC) and 3 gyroscope ICs.
The one you posted uses a small lightweight Li-Po battery that is 7.2V or 10.8V/2200mAh, not 12V and flies the quadcopter for 10 minutes to 15 minutes, not 1 hour.
Here is a review of the kit: Gaui 330X S Quadcopter Review - RC Groups

Somebody makes another quadcopter that has a video camera in it. I couldn't find it today.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Looking at RC Groups index there are hundreds of quadcopters available. Here is another good one:
Horizon Hobby: AR.Drone Quadricopter, Orange & Blue by PARROT, INC (PTAPF720002)
Horizon Hobby: Article: Parrot AR. Drone Review: John Redman (Parrot)

Those are electronic brushless DC motors used in Quadcopter right????

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Yes,i think Li-po batteries are good for RC aircrafts....

i just need the Quadcopter to lift 150 Gms of payload,like small cameras....

Do u think Four BLDC motors powered by 12V Li-po battery can create a lift to lift the overall weight of about 250Gms?>???

LiPo's are light and high capacity for the weight, allthough you'd need to build a fairly large machine to carry enough power for 30 mins flight.
NiMh are a lot cheaper batteries, but have less capacity and probably heavier, one good thing though is they can stand a high discharge rate, so you could use a small capacity battery at a high rate of discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back