Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of antenna feedline can this be called ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit007

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

I am attaching a dual rectangular patch antenna. (twinpatch.png)
Also.. the single element that has been etched - picture1.png

The feedline connecting the two patches of the antenna has been etched with a structure.

Can someone pls tell me.. wat kind of feedline can this be called ?

Can it be .. ??
1. Rectangular patch antenna (RPA) with the feedline etched
2. RPA with a EBG structure etched on the feedline.
3. CAn that structure that has been etched on the feedline (the substrate) be called EBG or wat kind of name should be given to the structure shown in the figure ?

4. Are there any technical names given for these kinds of feedlines ?
Pls help me.

Thanks

It looks like a CPW feed to me.

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Oh.. i think its microstrip line feedline..

But what i cant understand is ... i have etched this microstrip line feedline (the horizontal line) with a certain structure that can be seen in picture1.

So after i have etched it.. wat shud it be called ?

Can u tell me wats a CPW ? I'm sorry but can u pls explain how and why it shud be called a CPW .. Thanks

I can see that is a blow up of the detail on the feed between the 1/4 wave tranformer and the patches. I am not sure of it purpose, but it would make the feed more inductive at the antenna frequency. Perhaps it helps filter harmonics, or filter the reception of higher frequecies?

BTW, it is obviously a microstrip structure.

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok I know its microstrip structure..

IS there any technical name given to these type of microstrip line feed structures that have been etched ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back