Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is transistor Chaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh441

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone say what is transistor chaining?

How to do it in Cadence Virtuoso-XL .

I tried it but I couldn't do it

ramesh441 said:
Can anyone say what is transistor chaining? How to do it in Cadence Virtuoso-XL .
It's the method to combine (each) 2 drains of 2 parallel FETs (or drain and source of 2 serial FETs) in order to save layout space. See this **broken link removed**.

I did in the same way but I am getting some DRC errors(in Calibre) regarding this.

What the "transistor Chaining " option in Virtuoso-XL do???
when I select did it there is change in my transistor structure??

Can you say me how to use the option in Virtuoso-XL

what error you are getting ramesh....can u post few of them?

My DRC errors are

"Maximum N+ DIFFUSION to the nearest P= pick-up spacing (inside P-WELL or T-WELL) is 20um (I/0, RAM, ROM, capacitor and diode are expected)"

What I have done is just placed one transistor over other i.e I chained them (If DGS is structre of M1 and SDG is of M2 , I just placed S (source) of M1 on S of M2).

This is the only error I am getting when I am running with Calibre.

ramesh441 said:
My DRC errors are

"Maximum N+ DIFFUSION to the nearest P= pick-up spacing (inside P-WELL or T-WELL) is 20um (I/0, RAM, ROM, capacitor and diode are expected)"

This is latchup up prone error.. You might not have added substrate connection for your transistor... Add proper substrate connection , ntap here , and this error will b gone.

Dont forget to press help me button ;)

-Deepak.

Added after 52 seconds:

dont forget to connect ntap to ground :)

gudluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back