Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the Use of DFA analysis in cadance allegro 16.2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi eveyone ,

Let me know what is DFA analysis in cadance allegr0 16.2

in what why it is used in board ...
any body please suggest me

hi senilicus ,

thanks for reply .but manufacturer never ask for DFA file when i send the Gerber file let me know why??

is it important one for board manufacture ???

from Wikipedia

Design for Assembly is a process by which products are designed with ease of assembly in mind. If a product contains fewer parts it will take less time to assemble, thereby reducing assembly costs. In addition, if the parts are provided with features which make it easier to grasp, move, orient and insert them, this will also reduce assembly time and assembly costs. The reduction of the number of parts in an assembly has the added benefit of generally reducing the total cost of parts in the assembly. This is usually where the major cost benefits of the application of design for assembly occur.

how can i provide the DFA file to manufacturer for board manufacturing process ????

You don't!!!!

it is a check you perform at the end of the design cycle before relasing the design for production and assembly.

hi
thanks for your reply.

if i could not give the file means how can manufacturer know about spacing between the package ???

DFA and DFM (design for manufactuer) are buzz words used to describe what in my (not so humble) opinion is what you should be doing as standard as a PCB designer...
We take a circuit diagram and working with the electrical engineers, production (component assembly) department (if you have one) and the PCB fabricators to create a design that fulfills ALL the requirements, electrical (EMC Signal Integrity), thermal, the board can be made cost effectively and can be populated with components, and finaly it fits in whotever enclosure it is going in. Get any of them wrong and the PCB is junk.
DFA and DFM tools are like signal integrity verify tools they are there to help us get the design right, learn and use them.

**broken link removed** that i agree.
I think DFA can help only in case of very complex assembly like 3D construct found in some power sources with crossed elemets and so on.
I never used DFA for years and have no problems.
And of course DFA is not related to PCB manufacturing.

Glad you can be so confident, I cant agree with todays complex boards and complex components such as leadless devices.
If the tools are there set them up and use them, is my view, with thousands of solder joints on the average PCB these days, and the number of components, connections etc you cannot manually guarantee everything is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back