Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is the transformer type in the linked article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hi,

In the linked article, in figure 2 there is a transformer with what look like multiple parallel windings. I looked for it by the G044198 code above it and found nothing useful. What sort of transformer is that, does anyone know?

Power Tip 38: Simple latch circuit protects power supplies

Also, why can't I get rid of the block text in the first paragraph in this post?

Thanks.

Just an ordinary transformer with parallel windings. There is nothing wrong with parallel windings as long as they are as near identical as possible so they carry the same current and create/receive the same magnetic field. It is a trick used sometimes in high current applications where a single thick wire would be difficult to bend cleanly around the core.

It has nothing to do with the main topic of the article which is about simulating the PNPN structure of an SCR by connecting a PNP and NPN transistor across each other.

To remove the block text, edit the message, select the text by swiping it with your mouse then click on the 'Bold' font icon.

Brian.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Brian,

Thank you. Super answer, very helpful.

I was looking for latch circuits and came across the article. Also looked for transformer-type schematics and found nothing.

Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back