Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the smallest RF connector i can have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Small RF connectors

Hi guys,

what is the smallest RF connector i can have? is it possible to interface it with 3.5mm connector?

where can i buy, in europe, good and low budget RF connectors/cables?

thks

Re: Small RF connectors

For what frequency? What is your VSWR requirement?

In any case, you will find several miniature RF connectors here:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

absolute smallness

For absolute smallness, one of the companies that you would not expect to make connectors (It is Murata, Toko or one of their competitors) make soem that seem to be made out of sheet metal. They either solder on surface mount pads or go with coax that is 1 mm diameter or so.

As far as connectors that cost moe and perform better, the SMA SMB SMC series are very good and the MMC MMCX are smaller and slightly lower performance.

I need it for 6 GHz.
But my critical spec is the size. The 3.5 mm usually have 6x6 mm2. I have a device that is 4x4 mm.

I'll check your links to see what I can get.

thks

I think normal SMB connectors are good for up to 6 GHz. However, I'm not sure if you can get one with such a small footprint. Anyway, it's easier than SMA and still a very good connector type, if you want a reliable one. Better check the available options.

Cheers

Hobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back