Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the sanity check of a design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nee.sarathi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is sanity check of a Design? How it is performed? What is the importance of a sanity check?

Sanity Check

Suppose you have a verfication enviroment for a design (either module or chip), if you have changed something in design then to see if there is no compilation/any other issue either in your design or verification enviroment, a very simple basic test is run to establish sanity of both verification enviroment and design.
Sanity test should be simple one not to check your DUT functionality but to establish sanity in verification enviroment.
Once sanity is done, then you can start verifying all the features of the design.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
pintuinvlsi

Re: Sanity Check

Sanity check is a literal term, its not a ASIC term. Ppl use the term 'sanity check' for almost anything they want to use it for. Usually these are kind of 'non urgent' checks.
For example : if I have a function which shifts an 'n' bit vector by an integer 'i1' you may want to put a 'santity check' in the function that will produce a warning or error, when 'i1' is greater than 'n'.
Another example of a 'sanity check' is already been given to you by pintuinvlsi
Hope this helps,
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back