Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the purpose of the tcl/tk in VHDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhineet22

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tcl/tk

can any body tell me what is the purpose of this tcl/tk in vhdl ,and for making a command on this from where i start.

Re: tcl/tk

In VHDL "nothing" ... :) .. TCL/TK is a scripting language ... It is genrally used to automate your runing of the environment for example ... you can write tcl scripts that can compile all your vhdl codes in modelsim rather than run all your modelsim commands every time you want to simulate . If you wish to use tcl first learn tcl , then you can probably make simple scripts

Hi,
As semiconductorman written Tcl/tk is scripting language, It has nothin to do with VHDL. My views are also same.
I am uploading the document for the Tcl/tk. It will help you

tcl/tk

tcl is "tools command language", which change a large work to some small work, so you can use those small work to do something. Now , all eda tools supple tcl, you just need learn some simple tcl , and how to use eda tools.

tcl/tk

tcltk is a scripting language and can be used for automating commands and making gui applications and interfacing with eda tools.
More information and the book **broken link removed**

Hi,

Specify what u want properly.There is nolink bet VHDL and TCL.

If u want to learn TCL take this document this will help u out.

Rgards,

Pinkesh

Another book for Tcl/Tk that will help learning Tcl is the Practical programming in Tcl/Tk by Brent Welch.
See the attachment.

Modelsim has tcl/tk compiler built in. I managed to design a pop up GUI using a tcl/tk and Modelsim.

Tcl/tk may be helpful for modelsim and design compiler users. However, I think unix-shell and perl are more helpful for all engineers in programming, design, and verification etc.

abhineet22 said:
can any body tell me what is the purpose of this tcl/tk in vhdl ,and for making a command on this from where i start.

abhineet22 said:

tcl/tk

good materials, but search it in the web is so hard

tcl/tk

who have the highlight file for UE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back