Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the parasitical parameter of the AWG18 wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvsvv

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
awg 18 wire

During my design ,
I need to build up the long wire model which need the parasitical parameter
(such as conductance ,resistoance, inductance,capacitance) of the AWG18 wire.

however, I can not find it, who has it ?

would you please share the data ?

Many many thanks.

resistivity awg18 wire

A wire as such (without defing the return path) hasn't a capacitance or inductance. DC and frequency dependant AC resistance (due to skin effect) is usually tabulated in electronics handbooks. Part of the AC resistance (due to proximity effect) also depends on the overall geometry.

Common EM simulators give all relevant parameters for a defined geometry.

To start with a simple thing, solid copper AWG 18 wire has a resistance of 0.021 Ω/m @ 20°C.

thank you ----FvM.
However, what I am considering is when the length of the "long wire" is 5000km, and when the signal frequency is 10k(for example). so the candactance and inductance of the twisted wire have to be considered .
Could you give a more detail info ?

Thanks again.

The calculation of characteristic impedance and specific inductance/capacitance of a parallel wire or twisted pair transmission line can be found in many RF and EM theory text books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back