Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the optimum height of a Floquet-Port in modeling FSS band stop filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYAM

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Using HFSS for*simulating of FSS dual bandstop filter (0.9 and 1.8 GHz), a Floquet-Port needs to be assigned at an appropriate height over the surface. How much is that height supposed to be? and how can I be so sure of the results if any small change in this height dramatically changes the results??

what should be the Deembed distance?

and what is the value of Solution Frequency in the Driven *Solution Setup?

How much is that height supposed to be?

More than one-quarter wavelength at your lowest frequency is a good rule of thumb. All you need is appropriate distance for near-fields on your surface to decay towards the port.

how can I be so sure of the results if any small change in this height dramatically changes the results??

Err on the side of increased distance.

what should be the Deembed distance?

The distance from the port to the first "face" of your surface.

and what is the value of Solution Frequency in the Driven *Solution Setup?

The frequency you want the simulation to converge at.

Reactions: RYAM

RYAM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you PlanarMetamaterials for your reply.

[Err on the side of increased distance.]
can you please explain more?

The frequency you want the simulation to converge at.
I have to frequencies : 0.9 GHz and 1.8 Ghz "dual band stop passive FSS filter , the sweep is from 0.5 to 2.2 GHz I put Solution Frequency to 1.8GHz is this is best and close to real measurements.

[Err on the side of increased distance.]
can you please explain more?

Mode distance between the floquet port and the surface will allow evanescent modes to decay to a smaller level, increasing the accuracy of the result (which is based only on the fields corresponding to propagating modes).

I have to frequencies : 0.9 GHz and 1.8 Ghz "dual band stop passive FSS filter , the sweep is from 0.5 to 2.2 GHz I put Solution Frequency to 1.8GHz is this is best and close to real measurements.

Usually the highest frequency (2.2 GHz), although it depends on your structure. You want the frequency to be high for accuracy, but not so high that it converges on an undesired mode.

Reactions: RYAM

RYAM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back