Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the notion of "core" in chip physic design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scscsc

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a question of floorplan. In top chip layout when we define a core and its dimension in the command "floorplan", does it mean all the cells (IPs, standard cells, analog instances...) should be placed inside? There is only something like power rings, pad rings, wire connections outside the core?

My design is mainly digital, but with some small analog instances. Can I put all the digital part inside the core, create a digital power ring around the core, and place the analog instances outside the power ring? What is the usual way of placement for mixed circuit like this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Re: The notion of "core" in chip floorplan

Core means everything other than IO..I think what you have mentioned is the right way of mixing digital and analog..you may require guard ring for the analog to shield it from digital block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back