Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the need of Data Mask in DDR SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinod_g

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ddr data mask

what is the data mask in DDR SDRAM.Actually to my knowledge what i read is it mask the byte depending on the given value.I want to know
1.what is need for masking the byte when we have to write into the memory.?
2.which byte it will mask by giving values 1 or 2?

data mask sdram

Hi..

Data Mask pin as name suggests masks the data from getting writen into the memory.

Suppose you want to mask 3rd bit in 8 bit system. Then you will set mask pins
00000100 (left most LSB). So, your information at 3rd bit is not distrubed during writing. This masked bit can be some sort of flag which is set by some previous operation which user do not want to change during next write operation into the memory.

I hope it help

data mask pin

Actually data mask is use for the data masking the data byte by using the byte enable .

what data mask will do actually.if it mask data received by by ddr then what happen to masked data will it take it as all 1's or 0's;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back