Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the most reliable brand of laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laiza

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
BEST LAPTOPS

what is the most reliable brand of laptops..most recommended..upgradable and that would last some fruitful years..

BEST LAPTOPS

Hi

There is not such a thing, laptops are for people who move or want to use little space. Laptops are expensive to upgrade (only in memory not cpu) and if some part is damaged you need to buy a new one. If you are thinking about something that last I am for an old fashined box.

Sal

Re: BEST LAPTOPS

For more reliablity u can go with DELL make Laptops ...

I used it . It give more comforts .. Ofcourse in case of any replacement of parts ,

it will cost a lot ...

:)

Regards ,
Vigneshwaran.S @Vikee ...:)

BEST LAPTOPS

I read somewhere that 90% of all laptops are made by just three big companies in Malaysia and are just branded by the distributers, including Dell and Apple, HP and Sony.
They all have the same internal components such as Intell processors and motherboards, display panels, harddrives etc. So the Brand name is just the box around a common core with different specs.
So, go for the best looking laptop that grabs you.
It will only last a year, then there will be faster, smaller, cheaper laptops about!

BEST LAPTOPS

Go for a fujitsu-siemens one. They are relatively cheap and durable. I've been using mine since February '05 with no troubles.

My brother has a newer model, and he takes his to site all the time. Mostly to coal mines, and cement manufacturing plants. His laptop has done the rounds, and nothings wrong with it!

Hi
DELL INSPIRON 6400 is the best!

am using dell inspiron 6400 since two years and i haven't faced any problem with it..

toshiba laptops are fine too..

BEST LAPTOPS

I have an ASUS notebook, and I really like it. Acer and Dell are fine too. But I wouldn't buy a Fujitsu Siemens. They can be right, but I heard too much about overheated, black display ones. I think they were the cheapest. (about 1/3 of mine)
But a laptop is perfect for everything. It is a pro that you can't upgrade it, you won't waste your money for that. :D Buy one with a good processor and video card.
https://www.notebookcheck.net is for you.

Toshiba high performance and reliability.

forkschgrad said:
how about toshiba?

TOSHIBA is quite good. i am using it from last one year.Its working fine. Now a days some good configurations are coming with lower price. They have laptops like for gaming,multimedia,home use seperately

srinivas.nrt said:
forkschgrad said:
how about toshiba?

TOSHIBA is quite good. i am using it from last one year.Its working fine. Now a days some good configurations are coming with lower price. They have laptops like for gaming,multimedia,home use seperately
HP

BEST LAPTOPS

Asus makes some upgradeable laptops. Also, btbass is right. Most laptops are made by a few companies out of Taiwan. @ of my friends bought off-brand laptops that are identical to Alienware and saved over $1k each.

BEST LAPTOPS

Dell is a good make of laptops.. HP is good too
I recommend them both..

I've heard that in certain laptops, you could change or upgrade the processor.. so don't forget to ask about this before buying..

BEST LAPTOPS

IBM is great if you want to carry it with you for everywhere~~

HP is reliable. Advise u to choose the lightest as possible, since u will carry it everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.