Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the meaning of "LOGICAL EFFORTS"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslijia

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
resent days, when i was reading a book, i find a term "logical effort", i can't get the meaning, anyone can help me?

the sentence of the term is: During a falling output transition, the pMOS transistors add significant capacitance without helping the pull-down current; hence, static CMOS has a significant large LOGICAL EFFORT.

thanks.

The logical effort is used in approximate delay calculation using paper and pencil with out simulator, it helps in reduced simulation time. The logical effort comes when there are more fanouts for a particular logic or gate. If a gate drives more number of other logic gates, then there is significant increase in capacitance thus increase in delay. This helps to estimate the drive strength for a particular gate based on its logical effort.

For further queris keep posting, if im not corect kindly corect me.
Thanks

Pls refer to the attached document

A white paper from Magma, it has some basic details regarding Logical effort

satyakumar
thanks for your clew, i can understand it and can search in my documents now.

please read this book
I m giving u the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back