Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the meaning of bias in process ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some process tape out document note the bias of process. it seems that it is the difference between draw and mask , is it right ?
But why some process have no bias value?

Does it represent the drawing size means the real mask value ?

I guess that the word "bias" refer to whether the mask is a positive ot negative (inverted) mask, which depends on how the mask is used in the fabrication process.

pianomania said:
some process tape out document note the bias of process. it seems that it is the difference between draw and mask , is it right ?

yeah, it's the difference between drawn and mask. i belive all experience process bias that's why we use device matching.

forkschgrad said:
pianomania said:

yeah, it's the difference between drawn and mask. i belive all experience process bias that's why we use device matching.

what i actually mean is why the process document give us the exact size after bias instead of the larger size to let us draw the enlarged size ?

it seems that we will confuse the minumum size to mis-understand the performance evaluation.

pianomania said:
forkschgrad said:
pianomania said:

what i actually mean is why the process document give us the exact size after bias instead of the larger size to let us draw the enlarged size ?

it seems that we will confuse the minumum size to mis-understand the performance evaluation.

hmmm.. i'm a little bit confused with your question. there are processes which are subjected to shrinkage when fabricated but they are still drawn using the larger one.

Process variation causes bias

shaq said:
so why don't we just draw the dimension after bias

pbs681 said:
shaq said:

since it's called variation, the result is not consant. what we can do is to minimize it. if we followed the after bias, it might affect the chip size.

forkschgrad said:
pbs681 said:
shaq said:

since it's called variation, the result is not consant. what we can do is to minimize it. if we followed the after bias, it might affect the chip size.
can I say that the bias is applied for mask dimension so that the printed pattern will be the one that we drawn.... meaning to say, the bias is for mask variation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back