Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the maximum number of pulses that can be detected by a TSOP1838?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinashe paul

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the maximum number of pulses that can be send to a TSOP1838(infrared receiver module) continuously before a zero is send so that it will be detected as a valid signal.The datasheet only specify that a minimum of 6 pulses is required.

The Vishay datasheet has this statement:

The data format should not make a continuous
signal transmission. There must be a Signal Gap Time
(longer than 15ms) at least each 90ms

You would need to check the datasheet for your TSOP1838 manufaturer.

Hope this helps

Thank you.Again,let me ask another question.CAN THE TSOP1838 BE USED FOR SERIAL COMMUNICATION up to 2400 bauds JUST LIKE THE TSOP1740 on the following link
http://www.rentron.com/Micro-Bot/IR_Serial.htm
I cannot be 100% sure, but I reckon 2400 baud serial should be OK.

As long as the normal state of the transmitter (with no data being sent) is with no IR transmission.

Hi tinashe paul.
if you see TSOP17xx, you also see:
After each burst which is between 10 cycles and 70
cycles a gap time of at least 14 cycles is neccessary.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

2400 baud that is mentioned in data sheet indicates maximum baud rate. but for example if you use TSOP17xx (Or TSOP18xx) in an NRZ data communication (i.e. by using UART of a micro) you may get some troubles. because if you send a byte with value of 255, there is an start bit which is 0 and 8 bit data which have 1 state, and an stop bit which is 1. so there is 9 bit that continuously have 1 state. with 2400 baud, 9 bit takes 3.75ms which violates mentioned note.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

2400 baud that is mentioned in data sheet indicates maximum baud rate. but for example if you use TSOP17xx (Or TSOP18xx) in an NRZ data communication (i.e. by using UART of a micro) you may get some troubles. because if you send a byte with value of 255, there is an start bit which is 0 and 8 bit data which have 1 state, and an stop bit which is 1. so there is 9 bit that continuously have 1 state. with 2400 baud, 9 bit takes 3.75ms which violates mentioned note.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

I think that you can use Manchester code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back