Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is the maximum frequency of operation of a microstrip line and a strip line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasd90

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the maximum frequency of operation of a microstrip line and a strip line respectively?

You'll operate the lines below the cut-off frequencies of any non-TEM modes, set by the substrate height and trace width.

Hi Albbg,

I found the first citation particularly interesting. I tend to push microstrip lines a bit higher in frequency but the comments here are very useful. Much like coax, operating frequency can be pushed higher with smaller cross-sections. Unfortunately, insertion loss increases and power handling decreases.

With microstrip, I have often been curious about the best impedance for lowest loss. My suspicion is that it is probably in the vicinity of 70 ohms but I have never looked too deeply to make that case.

Regards,

Azulykit

This tool was really helpful for designing microstriplines and striplines. Check it out

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back