Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the maximum DC voltage, that is not lethal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there WimRFP
I dont know u are saying all this on book reading or u practically experienced it. I haven't Got any shock from High DC Voltage source or lines but got plenty of shock from AC. There was a time (i remember) when i was soldering a pcb and the electrical extension socket got loose. i opened the top cover and made it nude, adjusted the copper terminals and without closing it plugged in the solder. Went to kitchen and came back and accidentally stepped over it(silly me). As it "let go" me my wait put me back on it again like a two and fro motion. it kept on going for 8-12 sec i think and thank *** there is a problem of load shedding in our country and i was saved. that was the worst shock, crispy like thing but i was normal.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Good Brown Gravy: disconnect the telephone wire from ur phone, hold it in your hands, take of ur shoes and socks and touch ur feet to the wall of floor. u will be shocked.

Hello Sajjadkhan,

I am happy not to know all quoted current values from own experience. I had some 50 Hz shocks, RF burns, spark plug shocks, controlled voluntary shocks, etc. The heaviest one was from 1 kVDC (plate voltage from PA), low impedance source, from hand to hand with reasonable contact surface. The cause was an insulation failure in a tool.

Besides "Electrical Safety Handbook 3rd ed, J. Cadick, et al", you may do some research yourself. I also think you should be careful with the use of some words/phrases (that you used in one of your previous postings).

The effect of 'electric power' on the body varies as to where, how and what kind of power is applied. 10uA directly to the heart muscles can be fatal. Ac power of various amplitude and frequency will cause different effects which can range from therapeutic to fatal .... refer to any good article on electrical safety for medical devices to get a proper understanding of how your body responds to electrical power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back