Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the MAX length for PIR sensor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the max length of wires that can be used with a PIR sensor ? My PIR sensor is from Parallax. It has 3 pins. Vcc (5V), GND and OUT. Out pin goes high when motion is detected and remains high as H_L jumper is set to H. They are 5V TTL pins. I need to know the max length of wire that can be used to interface this with PIC18F MCU. In my system I will be using 3 PIR sensors. One will be near the main board and others will be at different places but with in 10 feet radius.

Firstly, the max length of most PIR sensors is 20ft. I don't think there is a limitation to the length of wires to be used for PIR interfacing provided the wires are in perfect condition.
And also I have checked the datasheet of the PIR sensor I use and I can't find any information concerning the maximum length of wire to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.