Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the main idea about DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP idea

Actually, i'm wondering the main idea about DSP
When people talk about DSP, is that mainly about the following elements;
a) Fourier Series N Transform
b) Laplace Transform
c) Z-Transform
d) System response ???

Is that all about the mathematical equations and calculations ?
Thanks for your kind advice.

Re: DSP idea

hi

ur correct but i have some more to add with it....

when u speak abt dsp ...the thing wat u said is literal but when it come to the implementation the topics such as

*. Convolution (filter design)
*. FFT & IFFT (frequency analysis)
*. system design with Z-transform

There are many DSP algo for each application which will be free for use or patented which can be used for u r application or design ur own algo

hope this ebook will help u a lot in understanding DSP tothe core
https://www.dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm

bye
helios

no,these r the fundamental things u should atleast know.the area of dsp is very broad.
i>implementation of dsp processor
ii>denoising,speech processing.image processing all these r fall under this category.
i1i>wavelet etc.

dsp does exactly what it says on the tin,
digital signal processing. digital meaning 1 01010101010101010100111101000 signal meaning those 1's and 0's actually representing an signal that varies with respect to something usually time, processing,, i.e. changing the signal in some way, modifying, or extracting information,,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processing

a) Fourier Series N Transform
b) Laplace Transform
c) Z-Transform
d) System response ???

are the tools we use in dsp.

hey what ever we say digital signal processing is just discrete time signal processing and it is not exactly Digital Signal Processing. Here you just take the convolution , FS, FT etc., on the discrete time signals amd not the digital signals.

Digital signal is the signal which you get after the process called quantization. We can say that digital signal is just a subset of the Discrete Time Signal.

regards

purna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back