Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the latest C++ compiler you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which is the latest C++ compiler? I'm stuck with turbo C++ 3.0. I think newer version of compilers are available. Which one do u guys suggest?

M

c++ code for joke machine on borland compiler

If you are looking for free compiler DevC++ is a good choice... https://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

For paid, Borland C++ Builder is great. I will never suggest M$ VC++ to anyone. MFC is one of the worst thing Micro$oft has developed apart from Windoze :D

And yes VB.NET & C# are good if ~30MB of .NET framework dependency does not bother you.

download turbo c++ compiler for code blocks

Since your question is in the PC Programming section, I'm assuming you're using a PC.

C# Express is free right now and is an excellent compiler. The .NET framework is chocked full of cool and easy to use features and it's always free (also automatically loaded with XP). The size of the framework is unimportant when running on today's PC's and it does not run slower because of this, it is faster in many cases. Designing a GUI is extremely easy and fun. Drag & drop any kind of control you can image.

VC++ is also an excellent compiler. MFC is an older technology but still used everywhere without problems and there are a lot of sample applications available.
I don't know if I would recommend starting a new project with it or any other c++ compiler (for the PC running Windows) however since c# is so much better.

blooddev c++

download

these files
https://www.codeblocks.org/

and the sdk and compilers {free} the guy recomends amoungst others supported
mingw etc..
digital mars
visual studio platform sdk{use the 2003 server sdk instead there is notes on the site}

i use it now instead of digital mars own ide

and i also improved the libs and headers inc setups to convert a set of microsoft files to allow digital mars to use them instead

now the support in digital mars is much better and stuff for midi forinstance that had problems now compiles and runs fine {port access from older inc is to blame}
lots changed in xp sp2 and later so older 2003 platform is needed {old platform = now software}

i think the codeblocks ide is a worthy tool of space on the drive

download_turbo.html

C++ is a disaster for reasons that can fill a book, and thats why you can find books on that topic. And the Windows API is an even bigger disaster. .NET is the only way to go. And C# is the proper compiler to use. If you want portability use Java, which C# is essentially copied off of. C will always be around for
microcontrollers, but C++ has reached a deadend. Pointers are a no-no in modern operating systems. They can't be handled by the OS the same way references can. The result is code that is potentially leaky and bug-prone. And garbage collection alone makes .NET (and Java) the only way to go. There is a reason why MS spent the tons of money making .NET.

Do yourself a favor, install SharpDevelops .NET IDE, make sure .NET 2.0 is installed on your Windows system and have fun.

top paid c++ compiler

jhbbunch said:
C++ is a disaster for reasons that can fill a book, and thats why you can find books on that topic.
hahahaha...you can not be serious!!!
Can't find books on C++, that is a joke right???
At the end of the day, all other "look nice to use" programming that envolves a tad of C is still
based on the core of C and C++, If you know what you are doing, and you're willing to learn,
you can do all that and more in C++ and C.

c++ compiler with gui

jhbbunch said:
C++ is a disaster for reasons that can fill a book, and thats why you can find books on that topic. And the Windows API is an even bigger disaster. .NET is the only way to go. And C# is the proper compiler to use. If you want portability use Java, which C# is essentially copied off of. C will always be around for
microcontrollers, but C++ has reached a deadend. Pointers are a no-no in modern operating systems. They can't be handled by the OS the same way references can. The result is code that is potentially leaky and bug-prone. And garbage collection alone makes .NET (and Java) the only way to go. There is a reason why MS spent the tons of money making .NET.

Do yourself a favor, install SharpDevelops .NET IDE, make sure .NET 2.0 is installed on your Windows system and have fun.

yes i fully agree my pal

i use v6 level prob v7 is ok for proteus
i hear they use v7 intel compilers but yet i use digital mars
and make working projects as dlls

i as above use codeblocks + digitalmars cd version
cost's shareware fee unlike or the free compiler is all you really need

visual studio many £$Ey...

the best plaatform sdk for v6/7 levels {as most companies use level system tied to c level }

is code::blocks builds

so far it works fine for my setup
converting libs and inc headers is a needed event

but overall digitalmars works far faster with a much smaller footprint
with better convertions without warings and errors that stop a build in visual studio

ie its more robust ! for 3rd part api

as for native windows

i reacon to use the free server sdk platform toolkit and api for win 2003 server
its free to install and works fine with codeblocks {support it !!! now} then install linux also

then xp compatabilities are intact via vista ready technologies both 32 and 64 bit
at once is the way then there is no space for the debaters {mass}
lots of people mix up abilities without realising a cross 64 64 32 bit cpu 3 way array possiblities with many advantage to 32 bit level being made to actualy perform before we dump it like all the rest before

so wake up to whats coming and learn as many o/s and pli's ok!

blood sheet dev cpp compiler

Turbo C++ 2006 express. Free download from Borland!

free download c++ compiler

try devC++

vc++ mfc sdk faq book rapidshare

MS Vc++ is easy to use.

winmm32.lib+vc++

jhbbunch said:
C++ is a disaster for reasons that can fill a book, and thats why you can find books on that topic. And the Windows API is an even bigger disaster.

I am not sure if it was a typo to summarize C++ as a disaster. If its not, then I think you better come up with that book as we all need to learn why "C++" is a disaster. This sure will be a great contribution to "programming" domain.

jhbbunch said:
.NET is the only way to go. ........

I will in a way agree with you on above. But this is not definitely for the reason being "C++ is a disaster". Its just that as with C, C++ is a raw power in a high level language domain which not everybody is capable of using/controlling/understanding with ease. But that nevers restricts anybody from using the easy subset of C+= and get away with day 2 day programming.

All I a,m trying to say that generally in production env all we need a a set of tool chain that lets us develop, test, release our app in RAPID time cycle (of course maintaining the quality). Taking that as a value for the generic bunch of code monkeys (mixing with the fact that most of our apps sees win as the OS platform), I put my million votes on MS solutions.

Now we need to seperate the platform fatcs from the language facts. Is Grabage collection is a feature of C# (/VB.NET) language feature? Not really. We wnated to get rid of the headcahe of accounting mem usage, so we end up with a platfrom (CL Runtime Enviornment wich we call .NET) and hence modification to mainstream languages (C++, VB) to get the best use of the Runtime Environment.

In Win32 API dead? I can just laugh at this question. For we all the dumb code monkeys - its wrapped / hidden by .NET classes. And if you are doing more than putting fancy button + listboxes in windows forms, you will realize that we still need to do "P/Invoke" to get to them for many solutions.

What I am trying to say here ..

1. What rocks? It all depneds to the platfrom and type of solution we need. I personaly is not a great fan of Java but I am very clearly aware of the power of Java technology for building Enterprize solutions on non MS plaform. Java 2.0 will beat the shit out of any technology on that domain.

2. .NET is a beauty. Its not the languages C#/VB.NET but what the platfrom+framework does for you. And of course I like the topping of the C#/VB.NET capability to abstract/hide the OPP programming details from me and still do OOP. Go MS go ....

3. What is a "disaster" language? (I would say VB to piss the hell out of billions of those programmers :p ) But the answer I would generally say, If you have seen people to use one then that is not the one. All these languages comes from after a amount of research work and based on need. They are not just smoking pots and coming up with languages so that ppl can call it disaster and throw it. Specialyy its "C++" that u r calling disaster, you got issues man.

Personally I belive that MS came out with C# instead of focusing C++/CLI is one of their market / business strategies. If they would have taken C++/CLI seriously and gave it to us as the .NET primary language and it wouldn't made any difference. Maybe the name C++ is probabily creates fear to general code monekys as being a hard to learn language made them rename this new varian to C#.

array blood dev c++

Code:
Turbo C++ 2006 express. Free download from Borland!

Any url ?

add borland c++ compiler to code::blocks

h**p://www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2006/08_08_06_borland_announces_plans_to_rev_up_classic_turbo.html
h**p://www.borland.com/downloads/download_turbo.html

blood c++ complier

magnetra said:
I need documentation for DevC++? Any urls..?

M

Here **broken link removed**

borland turbo c++ compiler 3.0 64 bit

Hi,

The latest c++ compiler is g++343

c++ builder microsoft compiler better

How did those adds pop up on my post about Borland Turbo C++ express?
Nothing to do with me, honest guv!

free and modern c+ compilers

Code Worrior is not Bad either.... May be tried ...

Added after 1 minutes:

Paperback: 424 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 2 edition (April 10, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN: 0072255129

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

c++ compiler rar

It has been removed!!

learning c++ using blood dev

yea man it's been reomoved.......do you have that in your hard disk....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back